Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Blog 7: Reflection of EOTO

After watching many engaging presentations on the Evolution of Technology, I was amazed by the abundance of information I learned through this project; not only through my research but through others' reports. One that really stood out to me was the first Emoji icons. The first emoticon was created by Scott E. Fahlman who began with just using a colon and a closing parenthesis, producing an image that looked like a happy face. One of the interesting facts that I learned is that ":)" is actually recognized by the Webster Dictionary as a happy face. As she skimmed through the emoticon timeline, I was fascinated to find out that "E" means "pictures" and "moji" means "character". The first emoji was created in 1999 by a Japanese artist named Shigetaka Kurita. By making faces to represent emotions on a screen, the faces began to spread to texting and used every day. It adds emotion to text and helps send messages across in moods that would be miscommunicated without it. With only a few minutes of my time, I was able to learn so much about our technology's history. Although I am grateful for the time I live in, I think it is important to review the evolution of technology. The journey to our modern-day technology and appliances have truly shaped society through inventing and improving.


Citations:

✂️ Copy and  Paste Emoji No Apps Required.” Get Emoji - All Emojis to ✂️ Copy and Paste , getemoji.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Post

After reflecting on my relationship with technology, I believe that it is unhealthy. I know “unhealthy” can mean something completely differ...